Welcome to Pewsey Primary School
Welcome from the Headteacher and Chair of Governors
At Pewsey Primary School, we recognise pupils as individuals and believe that they can become confident, independent-thinking learners if given the best possible chance to reach their full potential.
We seek to offer the very best in primary education in a safe and stimulating environment, through a well-balanced, yet creative curriculum tailored to the needs of every child. We need your support to enable us to achieve this. The relationship between home and school is a vital one and we need to work together to develop the aspirations of all in our community.
Pewsey Primary is a very welcoming school that works hard to develop links with the whole community. Please do feel free to come into school regularly to discuss any aspect of your child’s education with our staff and Headteacher, as well as to celebrate your child’s efforts and achievements.
Thank you for your interest in our school - we are very proud of all our pupils and staff!
Matthew Nightingale Karen Shields
Headteacher Chair of Governors
The aims within our SEN policy are an integral part of the aims for our school as a whole:
- To do everything in the best interests of the children.
- To try our best to achieve the highest standards in all that we do.
- To encourage an enthusiastic attitude towards learning.
- To provide a well-balanced, inspiring and imaginative curriculum.
- To offer every pupil the opportunity to develop their full potential.
- To promote the skills needed to become independent learners (so that pupils leave our school with a ‘CAN DO’ attitude)
- To promote care and respect for others through the moral education within the school.
- To encourage everyone to take a personal pride in themselves, their behaviour, their achievements and their school.
- To provide a happy and secure environment in which children can learn.
We hope to do achieve this by valuing:
- Each child as an individual.
- Personal achievement and aspirations.
- Equal opportunities for all.
- The processes of: listening, encouraging, supporting and challenging.
- Honesty, respect, care and co-operation.
- The need to work together - children learning together, all staff working together and the school working with the outside community.
- Pride in our work and the celebration of our achievements.
Prospectus Part 1
Prospectus Part 2