Our purpose is to create successful, happy learners and each of these words really matters to us. We are all here to learn - that includes students, staff and the community users who visit. We know that learners learn best when they enjoy their work and that means we must listen to their views and deliver a student-focussed curriculum. Success speaks for itself and provides the encouragement for future generations of students, parents and community users to commit themselves wholeheartedly to life at Beckfoot.
We know that by putting learners first in everything we do, we remain focussed on the things that matter to young people. In return we receive their commitment to their own learning and to adding something extra to our community.
To see the school and its students in operation you might like to download our Beckfoot Buzz newsletters and see what's really happening day-to-day. For the very latest news go to the News section of the website.
Thank you for visiting our school.
Welcome to our web site. Mr Horn has asked us to write down our thoughts about Beckfoot.
We like everything about our school it is really special.
The lessons are really good. Our teachers always try to make their lessons fun and exciting so that we can learn a lot from them. All of the classrooms have interactive whiteboards and students can use the latest technology. The teachers will always go out of their way to help someone, explain something to someone, and be happy. The school doesn't believe in shouting.
We all get pushed to do well. We all have targets to aim for and are encouraged to sit exams when we are ready. For example we all sit our Modern Languages and Media Studies GCSE in Year 9 and can start AS levels in Year 10. The school is getting fantastic results.
The students at Beckfoot are all very friendly and look after one another. At Beckfoot, bullying is taken very seriously and bullies are dealt with. We are encouraged to join lots of clubs which is something that makes our school special. The clubs go on at break, lunch and after school. There is always something going on, we may be celebrating achievements, having special concerts, getting involved in house competitions or raising money for charity. It is a good place to be.
The school sets high standards for us. We have to look smart in our uniform, be punctual, get our homework done, have our planner with us at all times, to never talk when the teacher is talking to us and to work hard in lessons. When we do well we get rewarded with stamps, peak points, house points and trips. It is a fair system.
So that is all the things we like and enjoy about being a Beckfooter, more or less everything!
Home School Agreement
As a student I agree to:
- Attend school regularly.
- Wear correct uniform.
- Complete all class and homework by the dates required.
- Bring the school Planner and other necessary equipment every day.
- Obey the rules of the school and abide by the school's Positive Behaviour Strategy.
- Keep my progress file up to date.
As a parent/guardian I agree to:
- Ensure that my child attends school regularly.
- Ensure that my child wears correct uniform and has the necessary equipment for school.
- Sign the Planner every week and monitor my child's progress.
- Support the Positive Behaviour Strategy and other school policies.
- Attend all meetings relating to my child whenever possible.
- Let school know of any concerns or problems that might affect my child's work or behaviour.
The school agrees to:
- Apply the rules of the school and communicate promptly.
- Set, mark and monitor homework.
- Provide parents with regular reports and consultations about their child's progress.
- Keep parents informed about school activities.
- Recognise, reward and celebrate success in all forms.