Welcome to Cobden Primary School.
Thank you for choosing Cobden Primary School, and we look forward to welcoming you and your child as part of our school family.
At Codben all children and adults are valued for their contribution to the school’s development. We aim to create a calm, safe and caring environment for children where everyone is treated with kindness, patience and respect so that they may develop and grow into independent and responsible people who love to learn.
As parents and teachers we are jointly responsible for the upbringing and education of children, a partnership between home and school is essential if children are to make the most of what the school has to offer. I hope that you will accept invitations to take part in the school’s activities. Parents are always welcome to enquire about their child’s work or welfare; the teachers or myself will always try to accommodate your requests for time to speak about your child.
As a school team we very much look forward to working in partnership with you for the benefit of your child
Aims of the school
At Cobden we recognise that to provide good quality education we must ensure that all children are given learning opportunities to fulfil their own potential. Through the curriculum and wider experiences offered to the children we continually strive for these aims.
- To develop lively, enquiring and open minds and to develop a positive self image for all
- To actively promote high self esteem and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- To teach knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to children’s future lives
- To teach effective communication through English and Maths which provides the foundation for all other learning
- To treat everyone in an equal manner, irrespective of gender, race, class or disability
- To promote personal and moral values that are respective of others and promote tolerance for all religions and ways of life
- To provide a safe environment, in keeping with Health and Safety Regulations, in the interests of all who work in the school.