We feel that it is important to be clear about the aims of our school. Staff and governors have discussed and agreed upon the following aims and objectives.
- To enable everyone to be successful within a happy and secure environment.
- To provide a positive, challenging and stimulating environment which will encourage all our children to develop to their full potential.
- To ensure equal access for all to a full, relevant and structured curriculum which will incorporate personal and social development.
Our major aims are being achieved by the following objectives:
- We develop relationships of trust, openness and support between all adults and children. Respect and understanding is promoted by all.
- We have a positive, calm and welcoming atmosphere to enable all children to learn in an orderly and supportive environment.
- We involve parents in a partnership role in school.
- Supportive relationships with governors and the community are created.
- We continue to establish clear policies on all areas of the curriculum and ensure our curriculum has breadth, balance and relevance for all our pupils.
- Our assessment policy ensures progression and continuity for all our children.
- We are developing good communication systems within the school.
- All staff have clear job descriptions and opportunities for professional development. Our approach to performance management is positive.