Powick Church of England Primary School was opened in 1870 by the Bishop of Worcester . It is situated on the A449 Worcester to Malvern road. As the population of Powick and the surrounding area has risen, the school has grown. The original Victorian building has been extended to provide seven classrooms. Each class has about 28 children of the same age, starting at Reception (4 year olds) and going through to Year 6 (11 year olds). We admit children to the Reception class in September, with the younger children starting on a part time basis until Autumn half-term. We currently have 194 children in the school.
The school has a large field and attractive grounds which include a pond, an environmental area and many bird feeding stations! The school is bordered by the Parish Hall to the East, The Village Playing Field to the North and a field to the West.
We work and play hard at Powick. We have high expectations of ourselves. Staff and governors work closely with parents to help our children succeed. Amongst other things, we continue to develop our use of Information and Communication Technology. We also provide a wide range of after-school clubs, including football, other ball games, art, music,Challenge Club, dance and drama and an Eco Club.
We have close links with the church and community. We have successful partnerships with The and one of our local businesses, Automated Packaging Systems
As a Church of England School, we promote Christian values, particularly those of care and responsibility. Please refer to our school prospectus for fuller details about our aims, organisation and management.
The school enjoys the support of an active governing body and Friends Association.