School Aims and Philosophy.
• We promote ourselves as an improving school in which we provide a warm, caring, secure and happy learning environment in which every individual feels safe, valued, and is respectful and appreciative of others and the school physical environment.
• We are an inclusive and healthy school, promoting high expectations for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social, cultural development, health and well being. We embrace the active citizenship agenda.
• Our vision and aims underpin and guide the school’s targets for improvement, raising academic standards and promoting good pupil progress.
• We aim to value and develop every individual regardless of class, age, gender, ability, race or creed, monitoring these in all aspects of school life.
• We aim to meet the challenge of working in a rapidly changing and multi-cultural society, developing tolerance, sensitivity and respect in our pupils.
• Effective and efficient consultation and communication (both within school, with governors, parents and the local community), is integral to the leadership style of our school, promoting its ethos and values.
• High expectation and commitment to excellence are promoted at all levels of management and practice.