The first part of our school was built in 1904. In the past the 'Infants' part of the school has been used for adult education, including a National Curriculum training centre. Following reorganisation in 1995 a new building was constructed to make one school. It was officially opened by Ann Taylor on 3rd April 1998. The last part was built in 2002!At present we have 230 children in school (including all Foundation children including part-timers). It has a School Council made up from two children from each class.Children can start Foundation Stage at 3 and leave when 11 years old. We benefit from being close to the countryside and to the town centre.
Chair of Governors: Mrs Lesley Swire
Vice Chair: Mr Robert Clarke
LEA: Mrs Lesley Swire and Mr Ken Armitage
Teacher: Mrs B Lockwood
Support Staff: Mrs S Sweet
Community: Mrs D Atkinson, Mr D Smith, Rev Ann Pollard
Parents: Mrs K Langton, Mrs M Roberts, Mr J King
Any of our School Governors can be contacted through school. Please address any letters directly to them and send in an envelope with the school address on. We will then forward to them.
'Aiming high and helping to create the future'.
Our Six Golden Rules
Be kind and helpful - try not to hurt other people's feelings.
Be honest - try not to cover up the truth.
Look after property - try not to waste or damage things.
Work hard - try not to waste yours and other people's time.
Be gentle - try not to hurt anyone.
Listen carefully - try not to interrupt.