All About Us
Information about our school
Kaye’s First and Nursery School is set in a semi-rural village between Huddersfield, Wakefield and Barnsley. The school was built in 1862 and was doubled in size in 1981. We now have 7 classes.
We have 155 boys and girls at the school, aged between 4 and 10 years of age, and 27 staff. Children and staff both enjoy coming to school.
We pride ourselves on being an open and friendly school – we work hard to ensure a warm, welcoming and happy atmosphere. Children and staff are encouraged to be imaginative and to express themselves through a creative curriculum.
We want our village to be proud of Kaye’s First & Nursery School.
We expect that our school will be a place where:
• There is a warm, welcoming, happy but safe-to-fail atmosphere that is secure, stimulating and supportive of learning, and a valued part of the community
• High self-esteem is nurtured and children feel confident, receive praise, are valued and proud to be themselves
• Positive relationships are fostered between children, staff and parents; bullying and anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated; but mutual trust, kindness and respect prevail
• Children achieve to the highest level possible for them; achievement by others is celebrated; different intelligences are recognised; children can pursue many different interests; and achieve a broad knowledge of the world to equip them for life
• Children are encouraged to be creative, and to express themselves through a curriculum that holds creativity in high regard