Writing as a parent and a headteacher I know that you will want the very best secondary education for your son or daughter.
There are many factors that you need to consider in choosing the school that is right for you and your family. In opting to send your child to Moor End Technology College you are selecting a school in which:
each pupil is valued as an individual;
the environment is welcoming, safe, supportive and challenging;
teaching and learning is exciting and active;
pupils progress is consistently identified as amongst the best in the region;
pupils can develop personally, socially, culturally, ethically, morally and spiritually;
pupils and their parents are helped to plan for the future;
pupils are equipped to become responsible and active citizens.
We are immensely proud of all the children within our care and the school staff work tirelessly to ensure each pupil both enjoys every school day and achieves their potential during their time with us.
I hope this website gives you a realistic picture of the school and that you select Moor End Technology College as the school for your son or daughter. Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you require any further information.
I look forward to welcoming you and your son or daughter into our school in the near future.
Moor End Technology College is an 11 - 16 community comprehensive located at the south east of Huddersfield in West Yorkshire. The role of Moor End Technology College is to achieve excellence for each individual in learning and personal development. The college specialises in the learning and teaching of Design & Technology, Mathematics and Science and consistently achieves amongst the highest levels in pupil progress in the region. The Moor End Technology College motto summarises everything that METC stands for and works to realise - Enjoy and Achieve: Every Day Matters.
The role of Moor End Technology College is to achieve excellence for each individual in learning and personal development. In order to realise this, our primary aim is to provide a safe, exciting and active environment for learning that:
- encourages the development of self awareness and confidence whilst at the same time promoting sensitivity, support, appreciation and respect for others;
- provides the learning opportunities that lead to continuous improvement in achievement;
- recognises and rewards all achievement;
- allows all pupils to share positive experiences, to feel valued and to enjoy their life at school;
- assists individuals to develop the skills and knowledge needed for their current and future roles within society;
- encourages parental and community involvement in all aspects of the life of the school.