School Buildings and Grounds
The School was founded in 1873, and offers full time education for children aged 5 to 9 years. There are presently 137 pupils on roll.
The school mainly serves the local areas of Moorend, Whitechapel and Hunsworth, but also attracts pupils from a wider area.
The updated Victorian building, together with a new extension block, offers spacious and secure accommodation for all pupils. It houses four large classrooms, an assembly hall, and staff offices. There is a separate, well-equipped catering kitchen, with adjoining first rate dining facilities.
The re-furbishment of an annexe to the main school building was completed in January 1997, and offers excellent accommodation for Reception and Early Years pupils.
The school grounds provide a hard-surface play area for the winter months, and a large grass area for summer use.