Nursery has places for 36 children the majority of whom start at the beginning of the Autumn Term following their third birthday.
There are two parallel Reception classes each accommodating approximately 18 children. Most children move up from our Nursery but we often have a few places available. Entry into reception is for children who are 4 years old before the start of the Autumn Term.
APPLICATION FOR NURSERY AND RECEPTION PLACES
* Parents arrange to visit the school and meet the Headmaster following their initial enquiry and receipt of the school’s prospectus.
* Register your child for a place using the Registration Form sent out with the prospectus. Registration costs £25 and it means that your child is placed on the entry list for the term of your choice and the school will keep you informed of future events and the next stage in the application process.
* In the year prior to entry those registered for a place are asked to make a short informal assessment visit to the nursery to meet the Head of Nursery (and Reception staff). The visit last no longer than 45 minutes whist parents wait in the Reception area attended to by the Headmaster’s PA.
* If you visit the school in the year prior to entry we are happy to combine your tour of the school with your child’s visit to Nursery.
* Following the assessment visit a formal offer of a place is made. Places are offered on a first come basis and are secured by the payment of a deposit. Once all places are taken up a waiting list places are given.
PARENTS & TOTS
For all registered and interested Nursery and Reception pupils we hold two Parents & Tots sessions in the preceding Autumn Term during October and December. Parents are sent invitations prior to the dates and advertisements are placed in local newspapers.These are an excellent informal way of introducing your child to the school and staff before coming for their assessment visit.
Parents & Tots sessions are arranged for those children who have accepted an offer of a place.
YEAR ONE AND ABOVE
Places may be available in other year groups and applications are welcome for these at any time. Children are invited into school for a half or a full day visit and follow the class they would join taking part in the English and Maths work. Parents are very welcome to bring along reports from present schools etc to help us in our assessment. Places are offered following the visit.
There are Open Mornings during October, March and June each year from 10.30 – 12.30 when you are welcome to visit without prior arrangement. These are advertised weekly in the local press and are often on a Saturday.
The Headmaster encourages parents to see the school on a normal working day. Parents may arrange an individual tour of the school by contacting the School Office on 0113 2752670.