...to the website for Ripponden Junior and Infant School: a resource for parents and children past, present and future, and for any others having contact with the school.
Ripponden is set in the Ryburn valley to the west of Halifax in the heart of the West Yorkshire Pennine hills.
Navigate the site using the buttons on the left and if there is any information you can't find or you think would be useful to have on the site please let us know.
The school will...
- Strive to create a high quality learning environment and set high standards of achievement, behaviour and social skills.
- Provide a breadth of experiences , which meet National Curriculum requirements, include a wide range of extra-curricular activity and cater for the physical, moral and social development of pupils.
- Be committed to equality of opportunity to enable each child to fulfil his/her potential in a caring, safe environment.
- Ensure it reports to parents on the progress of their children.
- Make available to parents the policies of the school and fulfil all statutory requirements.
- Set and monitor homework as identified in the school’s homework policy.
The parent will...
- Ensure that my son / daughter will attend regularly and punctually.
- Support the school’s positive behaviour policy.
- Contact the school as soon as possible if concerns or problems arise regarding the work, behaviour or any circumstances which might affect my child’s performance.
- Attend Parents’ Evenings to discuss my child’s progress.
- Support my son / daughter in agreed homework.
The pupil will...
Annual Governors' Report 568k.
- Give my best effort and take pride in doing work well.
- Be polite and helpful to adults and other children.
- Never get involved with bullying.
- Look after my property and property belonging to others, including the school.
- Obey the school rules.
- Try to keep myself and others safe.