Our School has been educating children in Saltaire since 1878.
We cater for children from 5-11 years.
We are a forward looking learning community and our concerns are to equip our children for life in the evolving 21st Century. Our shared vision is to provide an enjoyable, learning focused curriculum in a supportive safe and exciting learning environment.
Our vision is centred on empowering children by developing their skills talents and attributes in the following areas:
- Knowledge of themselves as learners and the learning process
- Skills of research and enquiry
- Fluency in literacy and maths and ICT and experience of a broad balanced curriculum
- Good communication skills
- Habits of citizenship and democracy
- Knowledge of self evaluation and self worth
- Knowledge of their own well-being
- Commitment to equality and fairness
- Awareness of and concern for the world in which they live
- Developing a sense of meaning and purpose in their lives
Our school curriculum provides an exciting range of opportunities for visits and visitors in each year group throughout the year. Our regular visitors include a different poet each year for our Poetry Day which we hold each October. World Book Day is celebrated by staff and children dressing up and a variety of celebrations are held in each year group.
A Viking visitor and the Twisting Yarn Theatre Group are just two of our recent visitors who have enriched the history curriculum and developed children's thinking.
A rolling programme of visits for each year group ensures that children have lots of opportunities to extend their thinking about their work in meaningful and enjoyable contexts. These range from Reception children visiting a local greengrocer to buy vegetables to make soup to our Year 6 children participating in a residential visit to Cumbria each Spring Term.