Woodhouse Primary School believes in partnership. Good education can only happen if everyone works together towards the same aims. Each of us has a part to play. This statement of rights and responsibilities is our contract with each other.
It is the responsibility of each individual to observe the rights of the other members of the school community.
Woodhouse Primary School has the right to:
• Expect respect for its aim of providing a broad and balanced curriculum which meets the children’s needs;
• Be informed of any concerns or problems by the children or their parents;
• Be part of the community the school serves.
Woodhouse Primary School has the responsibility to:
• Be open and welcoming;
• Ensure equal access to the school and the curriculum for all pupils;
• Set clear and fair guidelines for behaviour;
• Set appropriate tasks to be completed at home;
• Complete the weekly record cards;
• Keep parents informed about the school through regular newsletters.
As a parent/carer I have the right to :
• Be informed of my child’s progress through reports and meetings;
• Expect my child to be encouraged to do his or her best;
• Expect my child’s individual needs to be met.
As a parent/carer I have the responsibility to:
• Take the opportunities provided by the school to discuss my child’s progress;
• Support my child’s learning at home;
• Ensure my child has the highest possible level of attendance and when absent inform the school of the reason;
• Ensure my child is on time and properly equipped;
• Support school guidelines for uniform and behaviour.
As a pupil I have the right to:
• Be encouraged to do my best at all times;
• Be respected as an individual;
• Feel safe at school.
As a pupil I have the responsibility to:
• Try my best at all times;
• Try to uphold the school rules displayed in the classroom and printed in my pupil handbook;
• Bring all the necessary equipment each day;
• Be polite and helpful to other pupils and adults;
• Try to settle arguments and problems by talking them through;
• Ensure all newsletters, record cards and other correspondence from school is given to my family promptly.
This Agreement should be read in conjunction with the Governors’ Annual Report to Parents Sept 2005.