|Excellence in Education|
We are a community School with an excellent record of ensuring success for pupils of all abilities. We are seen, by all who visit, as a very happy and caring school in which attention for each individual child is given the highest priority.We are extremely proud to have received in both, 2000/01 and 2001/02 a School Achievement Award, from the Department for Education and Skills, that is evidence of our excellent performance and achievement. We feel that this award also demonstrates our passion for!the derelopment of the whole child.
The school is situated close to the centre of the town of Horsham with the river Arun forming one of the boundaries of the school. All of which offer wonderful resources for first hand investigative work. There are two large playgrounds as well as an extensive playing field, which accommodates the football pitch in the winter and the rounders, cricket and athletics in the summer months.
The governors, headteacher and staff are totally committed to maintaining and enhancing, where possible, the school’s success and the quality of education it provides for the benefit of all the children. We feel that our success owes much to the key features that encompass our school.
|Our School Aims |
- To provide excellence in education for each child through the academic and interpersonal growth and development of the individual.
- To encourage all to be confident, lifelong learners who will accept challenges, be creative, flexible and responsive in their quest to become effective members of society.
- To encourage appropriate, high expectations of everyone associated with our school, empowering everyone to become motivated risk takers and enthusiastic learners.
- To recognise every individual’s unique personality by developing an understanding of self-worth.
- To promote a curriculum that will be relevant, meaningful and negotiated, providing access and opportunity for all.
- To encourage an understanding of and a responsibility for our world.
- To provide a caring and disciplined environment, maximising the learning potential of all.