|Bickleigh on Exe C E Primary School|
|Bell Meadow, Tiverton,EX16 8RE |
|The Governing Body has agreed on the following aims for Bickleigh School: |
The overriding aim is for the children to enjoy a broad and balanced education and reach their full potential in spiritual, moral, intellectual and physical achievements by:-
· promoting a greater understanding of the Christian faith and developing a Christian ethos.
· developing lively and enquiring minds, together with a positive wish to learn, questioning and arguing rationally, and applying themselves intelligently to tasks.
· providing a curriculum that encourages a desire to learn
· developing positive qualities of human feeling and imagination, and appreciating human achievement and endeavour.
· experiencing the satisfaction of creativity.
· acquiring knowledge and skills relevant, in a changing world, to their adult lives at work and at leisure.
· developing a sense of self respect and individual worth and developing a respect for others
· respecting religious, spiritual and moral values of others and considering, thoughtfully, their own attitudes, values and beliefs
· understanding the history and present conditions of their own society, the environment, and the world in which they live, and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
· to raise standards and effectiveness in classroom practice and pupil achievement.
We aim to do this in the context of a warm and welcoming Christian ethos so that the love of Jesus Christ will be evident to all who come within our walls and so that our children will develop strong Christian values.
We hope to provide quality experiences in all aspects of school life so enabling the children to be happy, successful and keen to learn, thus helping them to grow into young people who are fulfilled and able to make a positive contribution to society.
"They come this way only once so we should litter their pathways with quality experiences."
In this Church School we hope that the love of Jesus Christ will be evident to all
who come within our walls. We hope that it will guide not only the religious parts
of the day, but will become a firm foundation for the whole life of the school. We
hope that the children of this school as they grow physically and mentally, will also
grow socially and spiritually so gaining a real respect for themselves, for each
other, and indeed, for the whole of this exciting world - God's world - in which
we all live."JUSTIFY">
"Education must nourish the diverse talents of our children. It must widen their
horizons; develop their appetite for learning; enable them to live life to the full.
It must foster intellectual, physical, cultural, moral and spiritual development
and help children develop the values that will guide them through the difficult
decisions they will have, inevitably, to make in adult life."
[Dearing Report 1993]