|Branscombe C E Primary School|
|Branscombe, EX12 3DA Seaton|
Good evening and welcome to Branscombe C of E School's Website
Branscombe C of E School is a small village school catering for the needs of children between the ages of four and eleven. It is set in wonderful countryside, close to the sea. The immediate environment is in itself a rich resource for learning. The original school building dates from 1878 and has been thoughtfully maintained and developed over the years.
We have three classes each of which is very well-equipped. In addition, we have an ICT suite and an activity room for small group work. A gallery area has recently been transformed into a well stocked library. The Foundation/KS1 classroom has a conservatory for role play and practical activities and their own secure early years play area.
Our school is a welcoming and happy place where children can learn in a secure and stimulating environment. Our values are based upon a Christian ethos focusing on trust, respect and openness. We set high standards for teaching and learning and we seek to help children to develop lively and enquiring minds. We want them to be able to make reasoned judgements and to apply themselves to the acquisition of knowledge and skills relevant to life in a rapidly changing world. We encourage our children to develop an understanding of this world through the experience of a broad and balanced curriculum.
We try to show a caring attitude in everything we do and hope to instil in children sound spiritual and moral values with respect and tolerance for all. We have strong links with our Parish church and make a major contribution to three services during the year.
- We encourage the children to be active and respectful members of the school, village and global communities. We aim to be a school that builds strong links with the Church and the local community, celebrates its achievements in the community and of which the community is proud.
- By striving to set high standards in all aspects of school life we encourage our children to have high aspirations, to be independent learners and develop their understanding and regard for others in order that they learn to be considerate, kind, respectful, well-mannered and responsible.
- We consider the child first and work as a team with shared responsibility in an atmosphere of support, enjoyment and security. We seek to value all members of the school community providing both professional and personal support and encouragement
By providing a broad and exciting curriculum we help our children to develop lively, imaginative and enquiring minds. We hope that children will gain the ability to question, to debate, to solve problems and be independent in their learning thus enabling them to thrive in an ever changing world.
- We help our children to understand the importance of healthy lifestyles and we nurture their moral, social, spiritual and creative development to prepare them for opportunities and responsibilities later in life.
We provide children with an opportunity to explore and develop their spirituality and to understand the teaching of Christianity in the context of other world faith communities.
We encourage a love of learning for children, parents, staff and governors. Through teamwork and liaising with other professionals we support the continuous professional learning of all staff through development and training.
We are a school that reflects on its own practice and aims for improvement.
- We recognise the worth of all individuals and celebrate children’s endeavours and achievements.
Branscombe C of E School provides the full Foundation and National Curriculum ensuring that the children receive rich and diverse experiences, relevant to their individual needs. We are aware of the range of learning strategies and teaching styles that your child will need to experience as they move through the Key Stages of our school. Through the curriculum, we aim to teach children how to grow into positive, responsible and successful adults whilst developing knowledge and skills in order that they may achieve their full potential.
The National Curriculum consists of 9 subjects and RE which all children will study at school. The core subjects are Maths, English and Science and the foundation subjects are Music, Technology, History, Art & Design, Geography and Physical Education.
ICT is an integral part of all curriculum areas but it is also taught in a discrete way from year 1. We will shortly be installing and interactive white board into class 2 and hope to develop this in the near future.
Although children are not required to learn a modern foreign language at Key Stage 2, we currently teach French to all children from year 1 upwards.
primary schools in Seaton,
secondary schools in Seaton,
schools in Seaton