CAEN SCHOOL is at the heart of Braunton, amid the outstanding natural beauty of North Devon.
The open spaces and clean air are refreshing, the ocean and landscape inspiring, the community welcoming and supportive.
This is echoed in the school itself, where the teaching is progressive, but built upon long experience and tradition.
CAEN SCHOOL is where education,
friendship and fun come together - to inspire.
BRAUNTON is a lively and cosmopolitan village, reputed to be the largest in England. Nestled in the grassy folds at the foot of Exmoor, it looks out to the Atlantic over the magnificent beaches of Saunton and Croyde, with the Taw Estuary and the Braunton Burrows - a Unesco world biosphere, to each side.
This inspirational setting and fascinating local history have blended with its appeal for adventure, in and out of the water, to visitors and locals alike, making Braunton a unique place in which to grow-up.
The school was built in the high street, using local stone, in 1873, and remains the focus of the village today. We are as proud of the fabric and setting of the school, as we are of the work, behaviour and creativity that goes on inside the building, from both pupils and teachers.
And let’s not forget our much admired swimming pool, award-winning school garden, or our committed and active PTA.
Our School Ethos
1. We aim to foster enthusiasm, confidence and a zest for life and learning.
2. We address the National Curriculum by providing a broad and balanced education that encourages a sense of wonder and consideration of the world around.
3. Every child is supported to make the best progress possible and to achieve high standards.
4. We encourage praise and celebrate success.
5. We strive for strong links between the school, parents and the local community.
6. We learn to value others by being valued ourselves, whoever we are, and understand that; cultural diversity, race and gender equality are fundamental to good citizenship.
7. We actively encourage a generous and tolerant attitude to others and strive to maintain a naturally standard of manners and behaviour.
8. Caen Community Primary School aims to create a warm, caring environment in which all the children and adults are able to reach their full potential both individually and collectively.
9. We offer a variety of activity and teaching methods, including first hand experience to personalise learning as much as we can.
10. We believe that all children have a right to play and that play is an invaluable learning tool.
11. We celebrate and encourage staff skills and aim for professional challenge and advancement.
12. We encourage the use of modern technology to enhance learning.
13. We are a healthy school. We foster enthusiasm for physical activity and the confidence to perform to the best of our ability.
14. We encourage children to take ownership and responsibility in caring for their school and the environment.