Aims of Clyst Hydon School as seen through the eyes of the children
The children discussed their ideas in small groups and presented them to the School Council.
- To provide a place for children to play together and have fun.
- To educate children in a friendly, stimulating and safe environment.
- To encourage children to think of themselves as equal and to respect one another.
- To help children learn to share.
- To help children to try to keep the School Codes of Conduct.
- To make new friends and value our friendships.
- To help children to make appropriate decisions for themselves and share ideas.
- To extend children’s brains and give them interesting things to do while they are young.
- To help children when they have problems.
- To give children the chance to have opportunities for sport, music lessons, art, field trips, days out, plays, parties, concerts, non-uniform days and swimming.
- To be in a place where children and adults work and have fun together.
- To reward good behaviour, attitude, determination and hard work.
- To encourage children to be healthy and fit.
Aims of Clyst Hydon School
Clyst Hydon Primary School provides a friendly, caring environment in which all parents are encouraged to play an active part. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum underpinned by the steady and effective development of literacy and numeracy. The curriculum promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental, social and physical development of the children, preparing them for the opportunities and experiences of later life. We believe that parents are partners in helping us to achieve, support and maintain our standards. We are committed to working for quality and equality of opportunity.
Clyst Hydon Primary School aims:
- to provide a friendly/family atmosphere in which mixed age classes foster mutual support and respect and every achievement is valued.
- to encourage independent learning in an environment where all children will enjoy reaching the highest standards they can achieve.
- to provide a broad and balanced curriculum, rich in learning opportunities and providing equal opportunity for all children to achieve their full potential.
- to provide teaching that makes learning interesting and challenging, enabling each child to think creatively, solve problems and communicate effectively.
- to provide a secure environment where all children are able to develop self-confidence and independence.
- to foster an awareness of others, encouraging the children to play a full part in the life of the school and to become responsible citizens in the wider community.
- to promote an inclusive community of different racial, cultural and religious groups where diversity is celebrated.
- to offer opportunities for spiritual reflections and questions.
- to promote a healthy lifestyle and the wellbeing of children through PSHE, physical activity and through other areas of the curriculum.
- to ensure that Clyst Hydon primary School is an integral part of the Clyst Hydon Village Community.
Agreed by members of the Staff, School Council, Governors and Parent’s Focus Group. March 2007