Holywell is a thriving village school with a supportive Governing Body and an active PTFA.
At Holywell there is a happy family atmosphere which is conducive to learning. We pride ourselves on high standards of work and behaviour, good manners and consideration for all in our school community.
The school was founded in 1822 as a National School and consisted of one large room. Over the years it has grown, and now comprises four classrooms, offices for the Headteacher and School Administrator, and modern toilets. We have a playing field a short walk from the school, which all classes make full use of. Car parking facilities are available in the car park next to the school courtesy of the Village Hall Committee.
About the Staff
Mr Graham Jones, who is a teaching Head teacher, joined the school in September 1988. He is married with three children. He is supported by two other full time teachers, Miss Perkins (who teaches class one - the Reception class) and Mrs Samantha Wilson-Hammond (who teaches class two -Years one/two). In addition, there are four part time teaching staff, Mrs Clea Curtis and Mrs Liz Wilde (who support Mr Graham Jones with the teaching of class four- Years five/six), Mrs Stephanie Molligoda and Mrs Beryl Archer (who both teach in class three - Years 3/4).
The teachers are further supported by an experienced and dedicated team of teaching assistants: Mrs Elaine Palmer, Mrs Jane Westaway, Mrs Jean Armes, Mrs Amanda Garland and Mrs Margaret Lynch.
The School Bursar/Administrator is Mrs Julie Broughton.