Lynton School is to be found in the old village of Lynton, situated on the very attractive coastline of North Devon and within the Exmoor National Park.
Lynton with Lynmouth has a population of approx. 2,000 with the nearest towns of
Ilfracombe, Barnstaple and Minehead being 20 miles away.
Lynton's economy is heavily based on tourism and farming.
The history of the school building goes back to 1844. Various additions have been built over the years, the most extensive being the modernisation of 1975. Further major building works took place during the Spring/Summer Term of 2002 with the addition of a new classroom, reception area and offices at ground level and internal alterations to incorporate a multi-purpose hall, providing the very best accommodation for our pupils.
The building currently comprises of four classrooms; a library/ICT suite; infant and
junior toilet areas, hall/dining area, kitchen, reception area, disabled toilet and two
offices on the ground level. A staff room, resources room and special education needs learning base is located on the first floor.
Although we do not have a nursery, an independent playgroup is adjacent to the school and has sessions daily. Links between the playgroup and school are strong and the majority of the local children of playgroup age attend.
The school is within the Diocese of Exeter and managed by the Board of Governors. The Diocesan Education Committee and Devon County Education Committee support it financially