Admission Arrangements for Early Years
From September 2000, Queensway has operated a once yearly entry. All children whose fifth birthday is between 1st September 2005 and 31st August 2006 (inclusive) will come in September 2005. The curriculum will be specially tailored for the under-5's.
Queensway will continue to support the active Mother and Toddler Group which operates at the Assumption Church, Abbey Road and the Pre-School connected to the Holy Angels Parish.
The Planned Admissions Number (PAN) is 30 pupils for this academic year. The governors will have sole discretion to admit a child to the school. In exercising this discretion, however, the governors shall pay special regard to the importance of preserving the Catholic ethos of the school. The Governors consider appeals for further places in the school in the following order of priority:
- Category 1 Children with a Statement of Educational Need where the school is named as the most suitable school.
- Category 2 Children who are in public care.
- Category 3 Baptised Catholic Children.Evidence required:Baptismal certificate or signature of a Catholic Priest confirmimng knowledge of child's baptism.
- Category 4 Children currently enrolled in a programme of preparation for Baptism into the Catholic Church.Evidence required signature of Catholic priest confirmning enrolement.
- Category 5 Children whose normal residence is with at least one parent who is a baptised Catholic. Evidence required baptismal certificate or signature of a Catholic priest confirming knowledge of the parent's baptism.
- Category 6 Children who are members of another recognised Christian faith.Evidence required is a signature of minister of religion testifying to this fact. (Evidence from Self Declaration
- Category 7 Children who are members of another recognised faith tradition.Evidence required is a signature of minsiter testifying to this fact.
- Category 8 Other children of whatever background whose parents preference for the school is because they wish their child(ren) to experience a faith centered education. Evidence required is a signed statement /self declaration by parents.
- Category 9 All other children whose parents express a preference for the school for whatever reason.Evidence required is the Common Application Form.
Under the Education Act 1990, appeals against the refusal to admit must be made in writing by a parent/guardian to the Director of Education, Oldway, Torquay Road, Paignton, TQ3 2TE. Deferment Statement. Parents of children who are entitled to enter school before compulsory school age do have the option to defer entry until later in the same year but not beyond the beginning of the term after the child's fifth birthday. The parishes the school serves are Holy Angels, Chelston and The Church of the Assumption, Abbey Road Torquay.