Growing Up With Confidence
Our school offers a secure, safe and stimulating learning environment that nurtures the development of younger children, catering for their emotional, spiritual, social, physical and learning needs.
· We aim for every child to achieve their potential and gain satisfaction and pride in their achievement.
· We encourage children to be articulate and develop lively and enquiring minds enabling them to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to become effective and enthusiastic learners.
· We foster confidence and independence in our children.
· We have clear expectations of behaviour allowing us to maintain a happy and disciplined school where children learn to cope with relationships and behave responsibly.
· We encourage children to understand the feelings of others, to respect their values and to consider thoughtfully their own attitudes, values and beliefs.
Our school is committed to offering the children a high standard of education, achieved through an ongoing programme of learning which provides a broad and balanced curriculum in line with statutory requirements.
· We plan programmes of study to suit children?s needs and various stages of development.
· We employ a variety of teaching styles to maintain enjoyment and motivation and cater for differing learning styles of our children.
· We make full use of surroundings, community and resources to add interest and a tangible dimension to learning.
· We include children with special educational needs in all curriculum areas through appropriate planning and support.
The success of our school relies on a team effort by the whole school community of staff, governors, children, parents and friends. All are valued for their commitment and involvement.
· We encourage and welcome parental and family involvement in all aspects of their child?s education.
· We maintain close links with pre-school groups, creating a smooth transition between home and school.
· We foster a positive relationship with our partner school to achieve continuity in the children?s learning, personal and social development.
The work and ethos of our school reflect these aims.