As education moves into this new millennium those involved in it are increasingly faced with exciting new challenges and demands. Central to all of them, however, must be the child!
Our aim is that by working in partnership with parents and the community Witheridge CE Primary School will be an enriching and stimulating learning environment set within the context of Christian belief and practice.
With this in mind, we passionately believe in the following:
- Giving the children the benefits of a rounded education, supported by the steady and effective development of literacy and numeracy;
- Providing opportunities for breadth and diversity above and beyond the classroom and formal curriculum;
- Realising that there is great benefit from active participation by parents/carers and other members of the local community as educators and learners;
- Having high expectations for each child and member of the school community;
- Developing in children the ability to think creatively, consider and solve problems, and communicate effectively;
- Promoting a positive “can-do” culture which embraces change, values staff, and supports innovative thinking and classroom excellence;
- Promoting good manners and discipline, and fostering in children the ethos, attitudes and skills relevant to life outside of school;
- Involving children as positive and active members of their School;
- Broadening horizons and help children to be aware of the wider community and world, and their place in it;
- Encouraging within each child the self-esteem, self-discipline and motivation necessary for them to realise their potential, and respect the rights and differences of other individuals;
- Preserving and developing the school’s religious character in accordance with the principle and practice of the Church of England;
- Encouraging an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and appropriate Christian values, through the experiences we offer.