THE AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
- To constantly seek ways to improve learning and teaching and raise standards;
- To encourage independent learners;
- To make the curriculum accessible to all, whatever their learning, physical or emotional needs;
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum, developing the whole child;
- To prepare learners to be caring adults, valuing themselves and each other and be able to maintain a healthy life style;
- To respect and value racial, cultural, linguistic and religious diversity to promote equality and challenge racism;
- To provide a safe, secure and happy environment for the whole school community;
- To establish effective partnerships between teachers, pupils, parents, carers and governors;
- To work in a democratic structure that enable all stakeholders to both contribute and be accountable;
- To give positive support and encouragement to encourage both personal growth and school improvement.
THE ETHOS OF THE SCHOOL
- The ethos of a school is the aspect that makes it unique. Our school ethos is based on true partnerships and valuing learning as a life long process.
We aim to generate a climate where all members of the school community are encouraged to learn.
- We create a warm and caring, disciplined and ordered climate in school, founded on good relationships. A friendly, welcoming and caring atmosphere is created by the way children and children, adult and adult, children and adult, greet, interact and support each other-
- This school recognises and celebrates children’s achievements in the spirit that every child is unique and has something to offer. Through a positive approach, we help children feel confident and liked. The school works towards helping the children develop self-discipline, control and responsibility. All staff treat children with genuineness and respect they deserve. In return, they can expect the same degree of respect from the children.
- We understand and actively promote the relationship between teachers and parents and want the school to be a key part of the local and wider community.
- Woodlands Park is committed to equal opportunities and promotes racial and disability equality. We are committed to Safeguarding children.
For us every child and member of staff and the local community matters.