A Warm Welcome to our new website. We hope you will find it interesting and informative. It is intended as a source of information for anyone but particularly parents and children who want to learn more about our school.
A Brief History
St. Mary's RC School was founded by the Sisters of the Poor Child Jesus in 1876. The double storey block was added in 1930, the Nursery Unit in 1975 which is now shared by the before/after school club. In 1987 the school was given over to the Archdiocese of Birmingham by the Sisters and in 1990 the new School Hall, Infant and administrative area was built.
Our School's Aims
These are best summarised as follows:
"Our school is a family in which all members are valued equally. We strive to provide a secure and caring environment based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Our aim is to provide a setting in which home, school and parish can work together in order to help each child develop his or her full potential".