VISITING THE SCHOOL
- We highly recommend that Parents visit our school before registering their child.
- Parents can telephone the school office to book an appointment to be shown around the school at their convenience. All Parents are shown around by the Principal or a senior member of staff. We also have several Open Days each year (the dates of which appear in the local press and on this website).
- Parents who wish to apply for a place for their child should complete an Application for Registration form and return it, along with the £50 registration fee, to the school office. The Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- Applications for Registration should be submitted as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- The Application for Registration will be considered by the Principal after meeting with the Parents and assessing the pupil. If the application is successful the school office will send the parents an offer of a place.
- Parents should accept this offer by signing the Acceptance Form and returning it to the school office along with a Deposit of £250. This Deposit will be deducted from the FIRST TERMS fees but is otherwise non-refundable.
· After an offered place has been accepted the Parents will be sent a booklet containing information for new parents and (if the child is starting at the beginning of a Michaelmas term) an invitation to new children’s morning when the prospective pupil will meet his/her new teacher and his/her fellow pupils.
· We consider all applications for a child to join our school equally and fairly, although applications from children with siblings at the school may be given priority.
· We are a co-educational, multi-racial school and candidates from all ethnic minority groups are welcomed.
· All applications will be treated in a sensitive manner and are confidential.
· We aim to be an inclusive school that welcomes children from all backgrounds and abilities.
· Applicants with special needs are given special consideration at all times. Wherever feasible, the school seeks to offer access to pupils with disabilities.
TIME AND AGE OF ENTRY
- There are no hard and fast rules concerning the age of a child on admission. Children will be admitted to our School at any time subject to the availability of a place and the child meeting the admission requirements at the relevant time.
- Children typically enter our Montessori nursery department when they become two years old.
- Each main school class generally has a maximum of 20 pupils.
- Any child that is refused admission will be reconsidered on written request to the Principal. The Principal will consult the Deputy Head and the senior management team when reconsidering an application.
- If you have any further questions or would like to discuss the admission of your child more generally then please do not hesitate to contact the school office. In addition, the Principal is always available to speak to parents and prospective parents.