Highgate Primary School aims to deliver a balanced and broad curriculum.
· The statutory requirements of the National Curriculum and Religious Education are met.
· The curriculum will promote all pupils’ intellectual, physical, personal, emotional and social development.
· Highgate Primary School will prepare its pupils for the next stage in education.
· Equality of access and opportunity for pupils to make progress is maintained.
· Pupils with Special Educational Needs are educated in accordance with the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.
· Pupils for whom English is a second language can receive additional support from staff specially trained for their particular needs – so that they can access the National Curriculum.
· The curriculum at Highgate Primary School is planned carefully, providing continuity and progression of learning from Reception to Year 6.
· Systems for assessing and recording pupils’ attainment are in place and assessment information is used to inform future curriculum planning.
· Should you have any worries about the work your child is doing at school please contact the Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher who will discuss your concerns with you.