The Governors and staff at Mayfield aim to:
- Encourage the development of self confidence, self esteem and consideration for others.
- Nurture spiritual awareness.
- Foster courtesy and self-discipline through well established routines and high expecations.
- Provide the security of a consistent, caring environment where individuality is valued and respected.
- Develop an awareness of the needs of others in the wider world.
Mayfield aims to encourage and develop academic excellence by incorporating a thorough grounding of literacy and numeracy with the aquisition of skills of enquiry, study and application based on the framework of the National Curriculum.
There is an emphasis on traditional whole class teaching with specialist staff in English, Mathematics, Science, Art, DT, French, ICT, Music, PE, Games and Speech.
A high number of pupils regularly move to selective secondary schools, some with scholarship awarded. Levels at KS1 and KS2 are consistently well above the national average.
Mayfield is accredited by the Independent Schools Joint Council and the Head is a member of the Incorporated Association of Preparatory Schools. It is inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate and by OFTED (Nursery and Reception only). Full reports are availalble for all present and prospective parents.