Rosslyn School is a day school for boys and girls from about two and a half to eleven years of age. It has been established over 80 years. It stands about 100 yards inside the Birmingham City boundary on the main Stratford Road. Buses pass its doors. The school is recognised by the Department of Education and Skills and is inspected by Her Majesty’s Inspectors from O.F.S.T.E.D.
We aim to nurture our children in an atmosphere of one large family, to give them the right start for their education; beginning in the Kindergarten at two and a half years until they leave to enter their secondary schools at eleven years.
As we are a small school we are able to offer individual attention and an excellent learning environment, which is sensitive to the needs of the individual child. We are committed to providing the highest quality education for all our pupils giving each child the opportunity to develop independence, self-confidence, self-discipline and self-esteem. Each child is an individual. We offer a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum with opportunities for all members of school to develop to their full potential regardless of gender, ability or race. We actively promote a caring partnership with parents, children and teachers, constantly reviewing curriculum policies and organisational procedures to meet the needs of the individual child.
We aim to: -
- provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment
- make school an enjoyable experience
- develop each child's individual potential
- encourage children to develop self-discipline
- plan and deliver a broad, balanced curriculum
- raise educational standards across the curriculum
- provide equal opportunities for all children
- foster an awareness of the needs of others
- develop self-confidence and self-esteem
- promote high moral standards
- establish good home-school links
There can be no substitute for a visit, so please come and see us at work and play. We would be delighted to welcome you to our school and show you round. Please contact us for an appointment.