Short Heath school was opened for the first time in May 1880. The present building was opened in 1972 and is a single storey, mainly open plan design. There are three permanent teaching areas, each containing one year group. The other year group is housed in a new two-classroom unit opened in 1996 which is placed somewhere at the rear of the main building!
We have a large field at the rear of the school which is used for games, football matches and playtime activities, weather permitting. We also have a tarmac playing surface which is used for break times and P.E. sessions.