We are a Church Of England School. Christian values are built into our ethos and teaching. We aim to develop an understanding of the Christian faith, as well as of other major world faiths, cultures and customs.
Our concern is that all pupils develop their full potential in a caring, disciplined environment. We endeavour to build a good learning attitude in all pupils. High priority is attached to strong links between the home and school.
A GOOD SCHOOL IS BUILT ON THE COMMITMENT OF ITS PUPILS, ITS PARENTS AND ITS STAFF.
Aims Of The School.
The experience of school be happy and rewarding for each pupil. The curriculum will aim to:
- Be wide, varied and relevant and conform to national statutory requirements.
- Develop spirituality and encourage pupils to recognise and refine their own beliefs, and understand and respect those of others.
- Challenge pupils to develop their full potential.
- Offer as wide a range of experiences and opportunities as possible to enable as many pupils as possible to experience success.
- Motivate pupils to learn and instil an enthusing for learning.
- Develop in pupils moral and social awareness and an understanding of behaviour appropriate in various situations.
- Encourage pupils to develop the maturity to understand and tolerate others with differing experiences, habits and/or opinions.
- Provide the necessary information and skills to enable pupils to keep themselves safe and healthy.
- Encourage pupils to recognise, develop, refine and express opinions of their own and to respect those of others.
- Provide openings for pupils to develop lifelong habits of healthy living, leisure pursuits and creative expression.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to take the initiative and hold responsibility.
- Give pupils the confidence to perform.
- Develop pupil’s understanding of the demands and requirements of the world of work.
- Enable pupils to experience competition in a non-judgemental form and to develop a sense of fairness and sportsmanship