We were awarded specialist school status in Sport in 2001 and redesignated in 2005 with Science as a second subject. The aim of the specialism is to raise standards across the whole school. Such status provides us with an increased investment and excellent opportunities for all, therefore influencing all aspects of school life.
The Sports College is the host to Willenhall School Sports partnership and works closely with local primary and secondary schools promoting PE and Sport.
Willenhall School Leisure and Community is situated on the school site and is organised and managed by the Sports College. The centre offers Adult Education classes, sport and recreation activities for local people and clubs throughout the year, including holidays.
Willenhall School Sports College is involved in numerous national initiatives including:
· National Healthy Schools programme
· JAE programme for talented and gifted athletes
· Young Leaders awards - Young Ambassadors
· Dreams and Teams - the school is linked with a secondary school in Morogoro, Tanzania. Please click on the links below for more information:
Dreams and Teams Partnership Slide Show
Video of our visit to Tanzania Spring 2007
· Extended school initiative