Welcome to Woodway Park School & Community College and thank you for your interest in our school. Woodway offers a dynamic learning environment for the whole community, delivering a quality education for ALL.
Woodway Park School: Where People Succeed
At Woodway our aim is to ensure that every child does not simply achieve their potential but actually exceeds it. This aim is achieved by dedicated staff, an active governing body and supportive parents. Together we aim to ensure that ALL pupils have a successful, challenging and happy learning experience.
- WPS: a school that is first choice in the local community
- WPS: is first class when compared to similar schools nationally
- WPS: a caring school that promotes a learning culture
- WPS: recognised in the community as a centre for learning and activity
- WPS: a school that looks to exceed each individual’s potential
- WPS: whose pupils develop into active and responsible citizens
- WPS: a facility open to meet the needs of its community
- WPS: a calm but exciting learning environment enjoyed by young people and adults alike
- WPS: simply different from the norm and recognised for its excellence
- WPS: continually celebrating success and challenging underachievement / disaffection
At Woodway Park we:
- Treat all children as individuals. Pupils are offered a number of opportunities to visit Woodway Park throughout Years 5 and 6
- Provide parents and carers with regular and detailed information on the progress of their children. We actively encourage contact with school at any time
- Continually strive to further improve the learning environment, ensuring our pupils have the best facilities available
We ask parents and carers to:
- Work in partnership with school to ensure ALL pupils progress and are happy in school
- Positively support our policies on behaviour, school uniform and homework
- Talk to us whenever you feel we could do more to help your son or daughter to achieve even more.