Oakwood Infant & Nursery SchoolThe Millennium Schools Project is here to help schools communicate with their communities by offering them the advice and tools the need to create and maintain their own professional web sites.
The project has been running in UK schools for over two years, during which time we have consulted with many headteachers, teachers, and local authority advisers, to learn what they really want from a school website. We use our research to continually develop and test the powerful online website building kit used by the Millennium Schools Project.
The award-winning technology behind the Millennium Schools Project is developed by Intuitive Media. It has been well tested by over half a million children and teachers who have used it to create their own web pages on the SchoolNet Global site - the biggest childrens' Internet site in the world. Millennium Schools members can join this sister project FREE.
Teachers can create their own pages for their department or class, where they can bridge the gap between home and school with pages about their courses, events and news for pupils and parents. They can include:
- messages for parents
- specific homework assignments and resources for their pupils
- activities for pupils and parents to try together at home
- competitions for pupils
- quizzes and Internet trails for pupils and parents
- your 5 best websites for KS2 or KS3 pupils
- book of the month, reviewed by pupils or teachers
- links to your pupils' Schoolnet Global pages
- department or class curriculum information
You can also create a separate password-protected Millennium Schools website for use only by your school staff.